Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sawdust Pie and a Thanksgiving table

I made a couple recipes today to share with family tomorrow. I found both of these on pinterest. I'm hoping the Sawdust Pie is similar to a pie I've eaten at a tearoom here. I haven't been there in years and when I saw this recipe, I thought I had to try!
and 
After I zested the oranges (two small clementines), I added the segments to the sauce.
Here is our table. I may or may not use the red bowls. One guest isn't coming and she usually makes a salad that many eat separately. We are hosting 10...my parents, brother, uncle, and family friends. My boys reminded me that next year we will have to add another chair for the baby. My cup runneth over!
I used chargers from Walmart, Italian Countryside Dinner plates, mixed silverware, and more. 
  Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm linking up with these blogs





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your table is pretty! And that pie and sauce look delicious. I hope you have a great day. I'm about to get on the road, just a 2 hr drive. I noticed your Amazon store set up. It looks great! I've been thinking of adding that. I wonder if you've been happy with it? Any advice? Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Marigene said...

Beautiful table, Meredith! I will have to check out the Sawdust Pie...
Happy Thanksgiving.

Kathleen said...

Oh Meredith, I am so happy for you! God bless you and my prayers for a safe delivery and healthy baby. Maybe pink this time? :) My son and dil have one girl, followed by 4 BOYS! A very busy household for sure. Whatever God sends you, I know you will be thrilled!
Your table looks so pretty and colorful. So good to see you again!
Take care!

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate.
Miz Helen

Related Posts with Thumbnails